When to start Asset Allocation Planning and Investment Planning
Your investment plans could benefit from careful examination if:
● You have not reviewed your investments or portfolio in the past year .
● Your financial goals or needs have changed since your last asset allocation review.
● There are funds in your portfolio bought more than ten years ago.
● The investments underpinning your pension are not considered in your investment strategy.
Asset allocation is a multi-stage process.
- First we will agree upon the details of your plan and the target return needed to support that plan.
- We will then recommend an asset allocation mix (ratio of stocks to bonds) that has historically provided the return needed to match the plan.
- Once completed, will review the history of this portfolio mix so you can understand its past performance.
- How did it fair during market drops, corrections, large market declines ?
- How did it perform during bull markets?
- Your understanding of the history of your investment plan is most important.
- Knowing what to expect, and avoiding being caught of guard, is the best defense against making bad investment decisions.
Let us help you stay the course for long term success.
Located in Durham, NC, Integrated Life and Financial Planning is an independent financial services firm founded by Jerry Bergner, AAMS CMFC. As a Durham, NC-based Financial Planner, Jerry’s mission is to help you achieve the life YOU envision. His mission is to assist you in supporting the life you envision for yourself and those you care about. If you need help in clarifying that vision, he can work with you on that as well! Book a consultation meeting today.